Friday, August 15, 2008

And The August Challenge Winner Is....

There were 502 votes this month and 26. Search Light Art Deco Bracelet - GemsbyJules received the most votes.

The cuff bracelet is done in peyote stitch and contains over 2000 size 11 Delica seed beads in a sea foam green, salmon pink, black and silver. Inspiration for the design came from posters with a "search light" look to them.



Runners up this month are:

14. Lost Treasures - Art Deco- beadwoven set - BeadCatcher

11. Art Deco Collar - HighDesertBeadscapes

19. Latte at Hotel Mercedes - Hand Beaded Cuff - ThreeFatesDesign

2. Purple Graces - triz

17. A Salute To Art Deco - wMarlaine

1. Moss Agate Going Green Doily Bracelet - myfairladyvt4

10. Deco Lotus pin or pendant - beadmummy

24. Art Deco Cuff - Savoy Studio

16. A Trip to The Nile - Collar EBWC - SmadarsTreasure


Keep your eyes peeled for the entries for the September challenge. Lots of our beadweavers are already at work on their entries for 'Complementary Contradictions'. As you know, our winner's prize is the opportunity to choose the theme for the next challenge. So watch for the announcement of the October Challenge theme at the end of August.

Many thanks to everyone who entered the August Challenge. And many thanks as well to everyone who voted!

26 comments:

  1. yay i'm the first to post ;)
    CONGRATS :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I stepped away from the computer for a bit - so I didn't realize that the winner was announced. I am SO happy dancing here - I am beside myself...lol.

    This is my first challenge entry and I almost missed the deadline. I am really excited about this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Julie. Congratulations to everyone that entered the challenge. You are all winners in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big, big congratulations Julie :D

    It was a very difficult choice, everyone's entries were simply fabulous and taught me a lot about Art Deco. Well done everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Julie!!! beautiful ppiece! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful pieces to choose from! Congrats, Julie! I'm so glad you managed to get your cuff listed in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful piece. Congrats Julie. Can't wait to hear what your challenge theme will be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Julie. Beautiful bracelet. The design is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Julie, beautiful work.

    And congrats to everyone else too. Always such amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Julie! Your bracelet is gorgeous!
    All the entries were beautiful! It was really difficult to chose. Congrats to the runner up (s) and to all the participants.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Julie! Your bracelet is wonderful! I thought this was the best challenge ever--it was so hard to decide which to vote for--so congratulations to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Julie! And congrats to everyone who entered.

    I'm absolutely thrilled to have come in 6th with my very first entry to the monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job! Hope you're cooking up a great theme!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations, Julie! It's a fantastic bracelet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Julie! Your bracelet is just stunning!

    Smadar

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Julie! Can't wait to see what theme you pick! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Julie! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your winning bracelet is just dazzling, Julie, and the runners-up are not too shabby either ! Awesome challenge. I would love to see all the entries in a live gallery show.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to Julie and everyone else in the Art Deco Challenge - all the entries were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, Julie!!! It's such a beautiful bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Moss Agate Going Green!!!! Bravo!!! Fabu!!! Love, love, loves it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, Jules! Knowing just how much effort you put into this piece, it's nice to know you were rewarded.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for the very kind words and comments. It is very heart warming for me - and I appreciate it a great deal. I am sorry I have not commented sooner as I have been having some eye issues so I have been trying to stay off the computer as that really seems to aggravate it. I am hoping to get a good night's rest tonight and be back to normal tomorrow!!!

    Thanks again all - you have given me a lift when I needed one! I feel very blessed and lucky to have won this challenge when I am in awe of the talent here!!!! I oftentimes feel like I am not worthy!!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lots of great entries for this challenge - Julie, your lovely cuff is a worthy winner. Hope your eyes are better soon!

    ReplyDelete