Wednesday, July 30, 2008

September Challenge Theme - Complementary Contradictions

Smadar of Smadar's Treasures won our July challenge with her Roses in the Night Sky Cuff Bracelet . Her prize is the privilege of choosing the theme for the next challenge. Smadar has chosen a really interesting theme for the Etsy BeadWeavers September challenge:
Complementary Contradictions

What will the EBW team members create for this challenge? I can hardly wait to see! Let your imaginations run wild and see what you come up with...there is certainly lots of room for your unique creativity here!
Rules:
Any style, any technique with a majority of beadweaving is welcome
ONE only entry per person
Must be created between July 31, 2008 and September 5th, 2008

Thank you, Smadar, for such a creative and inspiring theme. OK everyone, if you've already finished your entry for the August challenge (Art Deco - voting begins August 9th) then get beading on a Complementary Contradictions piece!

See our FAQ here for all of the details on the rules of our challenges.

15 comments:

  1. Oh boy - I have the feeling I might not get my August challenge done on time and now something new to think about - I like this theme but August first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh... I'm excited about this theme! Hopefully I'll have time to make an entry in the midst of starting grad school. It'll be fun to see what everyone comes up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, good one, Smadar! I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on for this one! I might have an idea, but we'll see how it pans out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely have to do some thinking on this one. Still working on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for such an awesome theme Smadar. I already have some thoughts on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-- What a theme! Hmm. I'm too tired to think about it rignt now, but it sounds like fun and some great entries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really going to have to think about this one! Thanks Smadar for a great theme :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm...the juices are starting to flow...I'll have to give this some thought! GREAT theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting theme - will have to give this one some thought - and start looking for inspiration...

    Great theme Smadar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...nothing immediately popped into my mind, but this definitely gives me something to think about. Thanks for such a 'thought provoking' challenge, Smadar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been brain storming but am not sure that I am coming up with the right ideas for this theme. I will work on them and hope I am right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I know what I am going to make! It is a great theme, thanks Smadar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i voted for the one I know I'd wear!

    ReplyDelete