Saturday, October 4, 2008

November Challenge Theme

Tears of Joy by Deb of beadsandblooms won our September challenge with her Search Light Art Deco Bracel. Her prize for winning is the privilege of choosing the theme for the next challenge. Deb has chosen a theme which I am sure will inspire you for the Etsy BeadWeavers November Challenge:

Ancestral Expressions


Deb says:
I've given a lot of thought to my theme for the November challenge and finally decided. Since November has always been a time of homecoming for me with Thanksgiving and getting family together, that thought led me to family, which led me to heritage and ancestry. So I'd like to challenge everyone to get back to their roots and create something that links them with their heritage. My theme for the November challenge is Ancestral Expressions. Hope this will be fun for everyone. Personally, I have some Bohemian and Irish roots to explore.


Thank you, Deb, for such an inspiring theme.

What will the EBW team members come up with for this challenge? I'm sure it will be interesting and I can hardly wait to see! So let your imaginations run wild and see what you can come up with. Certainly you have lots of room for your unique creativity here!

Rules:
Any style, any technique with a majority of beadweaving is welcome.
ONE only entry allowed per person.
The piece must be created between September 30th, 2008 and November 5th, 2008.

See our FAQ here for all of the details on the rules of our challenges.

OK everyone, if you've already finished your entry for the September's challenge (Complimentary Contradictions - voting begins October 9th) then get beading on an Ancestral Expressions piece!

14 comments:

  1. there are so many roads I could go down with this. :) It'll be fun to pick one! And to see what everyone else does, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited about this theme. I know I have a lot to explore and express. Thanks Deb!

    Smadar

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds cool, what an original theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everyone has a lot of fun with this theme! I know I'm going to enjoy seeing all the interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is an interesting theme.... Let see If I can do something for the Challenge... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting theme. I wouldn't know where to begin to work on this one. Will have to put on my thinking cap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great theme!!!! looking forward to the challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have such a trail mix of heritage to think about using. This should be really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful theme for an interesting time of life.

    It's mentioned in my brandnew blog ::here::.

    I hope it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definately an interesting theme! I'm looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete