Sunday, June 29, 2008

August Challenge Theme - Art Deco

Staci of Pink Pooch Designs placed second in our June challenge (first place winner is no longer with EBW Team) with her Casablanca Photo Ribbon Bracelet. Her prize is the privilege of choosing the theme for the next challenge. Staci has chosen a really fun theme for the Etsy BeadWeavers August challenge:
Art Deco

What will the EBW team come up with for this challenge? I can hardly wait to see! Let your imaginations go and see what you come up with...lots of room for your creativity here!
Rules:
Any style, any technique with a majority of beadweaving is welcome
ONE only entry per person
Must be created between June 30, 2008 and August 5th, 2008

Thank you, Staci, for such an inspiring theme. OK everyone, if you've already finished your entry for the July challenge (A Midsummer's Night Dream! - voting begins July 9th) then get beading on a Art Deco!

See our FAQ here for all of the details on the rules of our challenges.

21 comments:

  1. Wow! I might be able to do something with this theme. Have to go look what Art Deco would encompass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, what a cool theme for a challenge! Now, I have to do some brainstorming to see if I can come up with something worthy of such a great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This challenge is going to be a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this challenge. I love art deco inspired jewelry!

    Time to get to the idea book and start sketching what I have in mind :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo! What fun! I can't wait to see what the Team makes up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, *completely* different from my style. Quite the challenge. :) Thanks for the change-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, how interesting, can't wait to get thinking about this one. Thanks Staci.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay ! I already have a bracelet pattern that I designed that is art deco "flavored."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oddly enough - I had started on a square stitched bracelet yesterday with an art deco theme in mind BEFORE the challenge was announced....lol. So I guess I will actually be participating in this challenge. I guess I had been picking up the art deco vibe...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Staci - you done good! :D This is a magnificent theme! I'm so excited to see what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Art Deco is a great theme for the next challenge. Time do some research.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I love Art Deco. It's just going to be hard to decide what to create. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah! I'm really excited and inspired by this theme, too! Can't wait to figure something out for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congras to the winner! Am really short of time to think and bead. But will sure look out for the designs and cast my vote =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. this ought to bright out some amazing creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a fun and interesting theme. I may give this one a whril

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice one Staci! thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow.....I'm working on a piece that fits this perfectly!!! It also gives me a chance to post some of my newer and better designs. :-)

    Would you do me a favor and look at the pieces on my Yuwie page and suggest ones that I should post o Etsy???

    http://r.yuwie.com/vanishingpearl/

    ReplyDelete
  19. well, I've done my research! It's going to be cool to see what everyone comes up with. :)

    ReplyDelete